Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vacation 1

Wow, a loong time ago since I updated this blog! Sorry...

In the end I couldn't get an internet connection for my laptop. but it actually doesn't really matter. I can sit in the area of the employees after work, and doing so I save the money that I
would've spent on the internet, around 600USD...

Time off - Santo Domingo

In my last update I wrote that I was going to stay at Finnish friend's apartment in the capital, and so I did. The apartment where my friend lives was beautiful and had the greatest sea-view that I have seen in a very long time. During my stay in the capital I had the opportunity to experience something more civilized than ever before on this island! We went out to eat every night and I had food that I longed for every night, for example a decent steak. Unfortunately it rained when I was there, so we didn't do any tours around the city. Instead we visited a couple of shopping malls and hung around during the days. I got to buy a pair of sneakers and other stuff that I needed, which was good for me. In the evenings we went out to see what the capital had to offer and I liked it. I especially remember a modern -style bar in a shopping mall, popular for pre-drinks before everyone heads to the clubs. The music was great, not the usual merengue or bachata that you hear everywhere else and the drinks were good. This was early on Friday night. We later went back to the complex where my friend lives, because a girl at the bar told us that there was going to be a nice party there. We met up with a friend of his and headed to the party. Since we got there quite early we went up to his apartment and had a drink and talked, before we went down to the party. The party itself was a disappointment, but I had a good time anyway.

The following day, after a good night’s sleep and breakfast, we went to get our hairs cut. We were recommended to go there by the friend from the night before, so we decided to give it a try. After searching for the place for a while we had to meet up with the girl that was going to give us the haircuts so she could show the way to the salon. The girl was flirty and refused to shave all my hair off, as I wanted, because "I wasn't going to be as pretty"... After we were done she wanted to have my number so she could "show me around in town someday". A bit creepy.. For a moment I was going to give her the wrong number, but in the end I didn't, thinking that she wasn't going to call. Later that day, when I was in town with my friend, she DID call me and asked if I was happy with the haircut and to remind me that I could call her whenever I was coming back to the capital..

In the evening we went to a restaurant to have dinner and after the dinner we went to a place with several clubs close to each other. We ended up in a nice club which was quite small and packed with people, but they played good music, although mostly "their" music.

On Sunday we were just relaxing before I had to get to the bus to go back to the hotel. I will visit the capital again, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment